At Home Training by 2020 Armor Partner Skillz: Lesson #4 Memory for 5-6 Year Olds
Section 1: Dynamic Warm-ups
- Arms: Advanced army crawls up across the ground – You will drag your body across the mat using your forearms, while keeping your feet crossed and off the mat.
- Legs: Jack in the box walks up across the ground – You will step forward and lower your back knees towards the ground and then stand back up, alternating legs on each step.
- Abs: Donkey kong’s across the ground – You will place your palms on the ground as far in front of you as possible without letting your feet come apart. Then, using your abdominal muscles, you will pull your feet off the ground towards your palms coming as close to your palms as possible.
- Core: Forwards cab crawls across the ground -You will walk down the mat keeping your bottom off the ground.
- Today you are going to work on MEMORY.
- Here are the three MEMORY tips that I want you to practice today:
- Make sure you practice proper technique for muscle memory.
- Say the names of each move so that you remember them better.
- Try to go through each move as quickly as possible for quicker memory.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Burn-outs: You will practice your MEMORY by performing all your blocks (high, middle, low), strikes (punch, back fist, karate chop), kicks (front, round, side), and stances (middle, front, and back) with both the left and right side non-stop for four sets.
- Double memory: You will practice your memory by performing a 3-move combination with both hands and feet.
Section 3: Partner stretches
- Straddle partner pull for 10 reps – Sit in a straddle position facing your partner with your feet on their ankles or inner knee. Reach forward and grab their arms. Lean back pulling your partner’s arms to help stretch their hamstrings.
- Butterfly partner pull for 10 reps each – Sit in butterfly stretch position while your partner does the same facing you. Hold hands while one partner slowly leans back pulling the other partner.
- Kneeling partner push for 10 secs – Kneel on both knees and sit back on your feet. Bring your chest down to your knees while reaching forwards with your hands. Your partner will place their hands on your back and gently push you forwards.
- Sitting elbow pull for 10 secs – Sit with your feet crossed; place your hands behind your head while pointing your elbows out to the side. Your partner will stand behind you and gently pull your elbows backwards stretching your chest and shoulders.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school. To learn more about at home training with 2020 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy