Section 1: Dynamic Warm-ups
- Arms: Push-ups for 10 reps – You will tap your left should with your right hand three times, and then tap your right shoulder with your left hand three times.
- Legs: Squat jumps for 10 reps – You will lower your body into a deep squat position and touch the ground, and then jump as you reach for the sky.
- Abs: Sit-ups w/ legs in the air for 10 reps -You will raise your shoulders off the ground and bring your head to your knees, and then lower them back to the ground.
- Core: Bridge with shoulder taps for 10 reps- You will bring one arm across your body and tap the opposite shoulder, alternate arms.
- Today you are going to work on CONTROL.
- Here are the three CONTROL tips that I want you to practice today:
- Keep your hands up while you kick.
- Keep your knee high while you kick.
- Keep your head up while you kick.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Don’t knock the pillow: Place a stack of 2 or 3 pillows in front of you. You will build your CONTROL by front kicking a target while not hitting the stack of pillows.
- Super statue: You will practice having control of your body by running and jumping over a pad and then freezing into a guarding stance.
Section 3: Dynamic stretches
- Middle splits push-ups for 10 reps – Go to a middle split position with your hands between your legs. Move your hands forward into push up position. Perform a good push up, and then walk your hands back to the original starting position.
- Side leg swings for 10 reps each – Stand with feet shoulder width apart. Keep your leg straight while you swing your leg to the side, as high as you can. Focus on not bending your knee.
- Inchworm hops for 10 reps – Stand with feet together. Walk your hand forward on the floor until you are in a push up position. Keeping your knees straight, hop landing with your feet between your hands. Focus on not lifting your hands off the ground when you hop.
- Ball roll for 10 reps – Sit with your feet in front, and knees bent. Hug your knees close to your chest. Without rolling over on your side, lean back and rock back and forth.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school. To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy