Section 1: Dynamic Warm-ups
- Arms: Seal taps for 10 reps – Tap your chest with each hand, one at a time, without letting your belly touch the ground.
- Legs: Stationary Frankenstein’s for 10 reps -Raise your legs up to your hands, one at a time, while trying to keep your legs straight.
- Abs: Bicycles for 10 reps – Raise your legs up and begin moving your feet as if you were riding a bicycle non-stop.
- Core: Crab kicks for 10 reps -Kick each leg, one at a time, without letting your bottom touch the ground.
- Today you are going to work on BLOCKING.
- Here are the three BLOCKING tips that I want you to practice today:
- Keep your fists tight.
- Pull your other arm tight to your side.
- Watch where you are blocking.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Pad drop challenge: You will practice BLOCKING by protecting your head from targets that are dropped from above by your helper. Continue until you block five targets in a row without the targets hitting your head.
- Block by number: You will roll a dice and then execute the same number of blocks as the number on the dice while counting out loud.
Section 3: Dynamic stretches
- Twist stretch for 10 reps – Stand up straight with feet shoulder width apart. Twist side to side trying to go as far as you can each side.
- Airplane for 10 reps – Touch the bottom of your feet together and hold your toes. You will then alternate your knees up and down.
- Stretch kicks for 10 reps – Swing your leg as high as you can. Focus on not bending your knee when going higher.
- Row boat for 10 reps – Sit with both feet straight out and together. Raise your hands above your head. Reach forward past your toes if possible then drag your hands back towards your hips.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school. To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy