Section 1: Active Warm-up
- Arms: Seal-ups for 10 reps – Raise your head and belly off the ground using your palms, just like a seal, then lower your body back to the ground.
- Legs: Jack-in-the-box for 10 reps – Lower your body as far as you can without your bottom touching the ground, as if you were in a tiny box, like a jack-in-the-box, then jump as high as you can.
- Abs: Reverse curl-ups for 10 reps – Raise your legs above your head and then lower them back without letting your heels touch the ground in between each rep.
- Core: Spider ups for 10 reps – Raise your entire body off the ground with the palms of your hands and the balls of your feet, as if you were Spiderman stuck on a wall, then lower your body close to the ground, but do not let your knees or belly touch the ground.
- Today you are going to work on PUNCHING.
- Here are the three PUNCHING tips:
- Keep your fists tight.
- Pull your other arm tight to your side.
- Watch where you are punching.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do 3 sets)
- Hand smacks: You will practice your punches by hitting your helper’s hand. Your helper will call out either left or right and you must punch with the correct hand. Continue until you punch with the correct hand at least five times in a row.
- Punch and catch: Toss a balloon in the air, punch the balloon, and then catch it before it touches the ground. Continue until you catch it five times in a row.
Section 3: Active stretches
- Hand throw triceps stretch for 10 seconds – Stand up straight with feet close together. Throw your hands up. Bend at the elbow and touch the back or your shoulders.
- Hip rotations for 10 seconds – Stand with feet apart. Place hands on your hips. Rotate hips in a large circular motion.
- Knee wobble (side to side) for 10 seconds – Stand with feet together, knees halfway bent. Place hands on your knees. Move knees in a lateral motion alternating to the left and right.
- Sitting toe touches for 10 seconds – Sit with both feet straight out and together. Raise your hands above your head. Reach forward to touch your toes, or go as far as you can without bending your knees.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy