At Home Training by 2020 Armor Partner Skillz: Lesson #1 Agility for 7-9 Year Olds
Section 1: Static Warm-ups
- Arms: Hold push-ups for 10 seconds – You will raise your body off the ground using your palms and the balls of your feet, keeping your feet, hips, and head aligned.
- Legs: Hold squats position for 10 seconds – You will lower your body as far as you can, trying to touch the ground with your fingers.
- Abs: Hold dish position for 10 seconds – You will raise your shoulders and feet slightly off the ground. Try to keep your feet together and try not to bend your knees.
- Core: Hold beginner bridge w/ leg out for 10 seconds – You will raise your body off the ground with the palms of your hands and your feet, as if you were a table; and then extend one leg up with your toes pointed.
- Today you are going to work on AGILITY.
- Here are the three AGILITY tips that I want you to practice today:
- Keep your hands up when you kick.
- Bend your knee before and after you kick.
- Keep your balance while you kick.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- 1,2, 3 switch kick: Your partner will hold a target and call out the number 1, 2, or 3 and you must switch your feet the proper times and then kick the target with the leg that is closest to the target. Continue until you get ten reps in a row correct.
- In-in-out-out-kick-kick – You will practice agility by stepping over a line alternating feet, then stepping back over the line alternating feet, and then kicking the target alternating feet.
Section 3: Passive stretches
- Hold figure four hamstring stretch for 10 seconds – Sit with both feet straight out in front. Cross one leg over the opposite knee. Raise hands above your head, then lean forward and try to touch your toes. If you cannot touch your toes go as far as you can and hold.
- Hold knee splits for 10 seconds – Sit on your hands and knees facing forward. Slowly slide your knees apart as far as they will go without feeling painful. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds. Then walk your elbows far forwards extending your hips towards the floor and hold. Then walk your elbows all the way back past the starting position pushing your hips past your knees and hold.
- Hold hip twist stretch for 10 seconds – Lay flat on your back with your hands extended out to the sides. Cross one leg over your body while keeping it straight. Keep your back in contact with the ground while making sure your shoulders are still flat on the floor as well.
- Hold wake up stretch for 10 seconds – Lay flat on your back with your hands in front of your body. Extend your arms as far above your head using your fingertips. At the same time, extend the tips of your toes in the opposite direction. The goal is to get a good stretch through your entire body.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://store.2020armor.com/pages/why-2020-armor-at-home-academy