Settings & Setup
- Game #10 (Hit Meter)
- Health Setting: choose one appropriate for the skill level
- Time: Infinite Time recommended
- 1 vest on a BOB/Wavemaster/Bag
- 2 or more people on a team
- Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
Set up a unit on a bag and form a line of participants. When the game starts, the first person must perform either a martial arts or general fitness movement, such as a push up, sit up, burpee, kick, or punch etc.) The person following must repeat that action then add one of their own. Each successive player must successfully repeat the chain of movements performed by the person before them. If they make a mistake, or if any hits to the bag are not performed so that they score satisfactorily, they are out.
The object of the game is to be the last player remaining.
Difficulty for this drill can be calibrated to the desired level by
- Changing the number of techniques added each turn
- Limiting technique choices
- Changing the height of the bag
- Changing the Health Setting
- Changing the size of the team
What They Are Learning
In this game, the students are learning to pay explicit attention to an opponent and understanding their movements after only seeing their attack pattern once, as well as encouraging them to think ahead to their own additions. This will help students not feel as pressured during sparring because they can understand that an opponent’s choices are typically somewhat predictable and not random. This game is as much about prediction as it is memory.