Tired of spinning the same old wheel. Is it costing you more money in boards than you are actually making at an event? Using your 2020 Armor gear is a great way to attract new customers as well as lower your costs at community events. Potential clients will think you have the coolest booth on the block with interactive games and challenges.
Make sure to look for events coming up in your area that you can be a part of. The further out you plan the higher your chances of success! Here is a list of community event ideas to look out for.
- Booth at Fair
- Movie Releases
- Halloween: Trunk or Treat, Haunted House, etc.
- Chili Cook-offs
- Town Anniversary Parties
Setup your 2020 Armor with Reflex or Hit meter. We suggest you use the app so that you can give your potential clients a score. All potential clients will need to sign a waiver to play that has their name, phone number, and email address entered into a drawing to win a free week(or something comparable, could be a month or uniform) at your academy. The person with the fastest score that day will not only win a free week or whatever prize you select but also win a school T-shirt or something comparable! Potential clients who play should all leave with something like a sticker, temporary tattoo, etc.
Here are the steps you will need to take:
- 3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 1 week announce on social media that you will be at the event and tag your students. Have them help you by tagging a friend. If your school has a referral reward program this would be a great time to use it. Get your students excited about inviting their friends to the event and reward them for any of their friends that participate or reward them even bigger if they sign up as a student. Tell the community how excited you are to be a part of it and give them a sneak peek of what you are bringing (2020 Armor chest protector).
- Have intake form either printed or digital form to collect leads.
- Setup your Wavemaster or Bob with your 2020 Armor chest protector.
- Have a tripod or assistant that has a charged phone for using the app. (iOS only)
- Give out prizes for potential students who played (pro tip: give them to everyone!)
- Try to schedule them for a Free Introductory Class right there.\
- Let them know you will contact them within the next 3 days to let them know if they are the winner of the free month. Pro tip: call the whole list. Your email should be titled something like this “congratulations from (insert school name)” and say something like this “It was great meeting you at (insert event). Thank you for stopping by our booth and participating in our one-of-a-kind event. (insert school name) uses 2020 Armor to help teach our students the importance of hard work in a fun and exciting atmosphere. We have invested in this kind of technology to bring our community an elevated martial arts experience like no other. We want all of our community to get to experience what makes (insert school name) unique. Your score was in the top percent of participants, and while it wasn’t the grand prize winner you still won a FREE week of martial arts classes. We are so excited for you. We have (insert days of the week and time that you are available) for a school tour and intro class and if that time doesn’t work give us a call at xxx-xxxx or simply email us back to set up your free week today. We look forward to seeing you at (insert school name) and can’t wait to show you what martial arts is all about.”
- Follow up with a phone call
- Things you will need for the event:
- Music playing, school banner
- Offer free small prizes for the day of the event - stickers, temporary tattoos, etc.
- Make sure you know what the grand prize is for the fastest participant
- Collect contact information as well as the reaction score so you can contact them and let them know what they won
- Something they can take away/look forward to in the future - flier for your school
Games to play ▸ REFLEX / HIT METER to attract and engage potential new clients.
Check out the next step! Attract Level III