Section 1: Ultimate Warm-ups
- Arms: Advanced super slides across the ground – You will drag your body down the floor using only one arm.
- Legs: Advanced plyos across the ground – You will jump down the floor without putting your foot down.
- Abs: Shrimps across the ground – You will slide your body, turning it to one side pushing with your feet and pulling your core with your abdominal muscles as you extend your arms towards your feet.
- Core: Side crawls across the ground – You will walk down the floor sideways keeping your bottom off the ground.
- Today you are going to work on MOMENTUM.
- Here are the three MOMENTUM tips that I want you to practice today:
- Use good technique while you practice.
- Use proper intensity while you practice.
- Don’t give up on your efforts while you practice.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- 30-second challenge: You will practice the kicks for your MOMENTUM requirements each for 30 seconds non-stop for three sets each kick. Try to get better on each set.
- 3-step challenge: You will test your ability gain distance in your momentum by taking only 3 steps and then jumping as far as you can.
Section 3: Partner stretches
- Lay on the rock stretch for 10 seconds – Have one partner curl up into a ball on the floor. The other partner will sit facing away from them. Then lean back and stretch out over your partner’s back.
- Laying hip stretch 10 seconds – One partner will lay on their back with arms extended to the side, feet together and straight. Then bend one knee and place it across your body. Your partner will place one hand on your opposite shoulder, holding it to the floor. The other hand will gently press on the bent knee until it touches the floor on the right side.
- Rocking straddle stretch for 10 seconds – Sit facing each other in the straddle stretch position. One partner will place their feet on the ankle or inside of the knee of their partner and then hold hands. Rock slowly back and forth holding for a few seconds.
- Kicking stretch for 10 seconds – Face your partner while kneeling. Have your partner place their foot sideways on your right shoulder with their toes behind your neck. Then grab their hand. Slowly stand up until they say “stop” and hold
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school. To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://2020armor.com/athome/