Section 1: Ultimate Warm-ups
- Arms: Super slides across the ground – You will drag your body down the mat using only your palms.
- Legs: Plyos across the ground – You will jump down the mat while keeping your feet together. Jump in continuous motion without pausing in between each jump.
- Abs: Stomach rolls up across the ground – You will roll your body sideways down the mat using your abdominal muscles.
- Core: reverse crab walks across the ground – You will walk down the mat in reverse keeping your bottom off the ground.
- Today you are going to work on FLEXIBILITY.
- Here are the three FLEXIBILITY tips that I want you to practice today:
- Keep your legs straight when you stretch.
- Make sure you use control when stretching so that you don’t hurt yourself.
- Only hold your stretch slightly past your tolerance to develop flexibility.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Pillow slides: You will stand on two pillows and slowly slide the pillows out to the sides while you go into middle splits. As you get close to the ground, use your hands to support yourself. Hold the split for 20 seconds.
- Crazy 8’s: You will practice flexibility by making a sideways “8” with your leg.
Section 3: Partner stretches
- Surfing stretch for 10 seconds – Lay on your stomach with your hands by your side. Your partner will sit on your legs and grab your wrists. They will then gently pull your arms back and together lifting you off your chest.
- Standing hamstring stretch for 10 seconds – Lay on your back with your legs straight. Your partner will lift one leg up over your head.
- Seesaw stretch for 10 seconds – Stand back to back with your partner. Hook arms and hold firm. Alternate turns leaning forward and hold. Focus on lifting your partner off the ground and relaxing into the stretch.
- Sitting belt pull stretch for 10 seconds – Face your partner sitting in a straddle position. Reach forwards and grab your partner’s belt. Then lean back pulling on the belt and hold.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://2020armor.com/athome/