Section 1: Static Warm-ups
- Arms: Hold super man push-up position for 10 seconds – Raise your body off the ground using your palms and the balls of your feet, keeping your feet, hips, and head aligned; and then you will extend one arm in front of your, keeping your arm parallel to the ground.
- Legs: Hold single leg squat position for 10 seconds – Raise one leg off the ground and lower your body with your other leg while your arms remain extended in front of you, parallel to the ground.
- Abs: Hold advanced dish position for 10 seconds – Raise your shoulders and feet off the ground, both at a 45-degree angle, while your arms are extended in front, parallel with your legs.
- Core: Hold Straight-leg bridge for 10 seconds – Raise your body off the ground with the palms of your hands and your heels, keeping your heels, hips, and shoulders aligned; and then extend one leg up with your toes pointed forwards.
- Today you are going to work on DEXTERITY.
- Here are the three DEXTERITY tips that I want you to practice today:
- Using proper chambers on your kicks.
- Using proper chambers on your blocks and strikes.
- Having good timing on your blocks and strikes when you land into your stances.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Basics in a box: Mark off a small box to stand in that is approximately 3 feet long and 3 feet wide. Practice three different strike or blocking movements with stances while staying in the box. Select techniques from your requirements. For example, beginners: low block landing into a back stance, and front punch landing into a front stance. Continue for 10 reps per combination.
- Elevator basics: Test you balance and strength while performing your basic techniques by standing on a stack of pillows. Do 10 reps per technique.
Section 3: Passive stretches
- Hold cross leg stretch for 10 seconds – Sit with one leg crossed over the other. Use the opposite elbow to push against the crossed leg.
- Hold seal stretch 10 seconds – Lay on your stomach facing the front. Make a diamond with your hands touching your index finger and thumbs together. Place your hands on the floor under your sternum and extend your arms lifting your upper body off the floor.
- Hold neck pull for 10 seconds – Sit on your knees in a relaxed position. Use a hand on the crown of the head to gently pull you head to your shoulder.
- Hold rubber guard stretch for 10 seconds – Lay on your back. Cross one ankle over the opposite knee. Lift that knee to your chest. Thread one arm through your legs and around your knee, and the other arm around the same knee. Squeeze and hold this position.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz Connect are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://2020armor.com/athome/