Section 1: Active Warm-ups
- Arms: Int. triangle push-ups for 10 reps – Lower your head to the top of your left hand and then back up, alternating hands on each rep. Keep your feet together and make sure your toes are pointed towards the ceiling.
- Legs: Advanced squats for 10 reps – Raise one leg off the ground and lower your body with your other leg while your arms remain extended in front of you, and then raise your body back up.
- Abs: Half v-sit up for 10 reps – Raise your shoulders and feet off the ground, both at a 45-degree angle, while your arms are extended in front, parallel with your legs and then lower your body back, keeping your shoulders and feet off the ground in between each rep.
- Core: Straight-leg bridge w/ shoulder taps for 10 reps – Tap your right shoulder with your left hand, and then tap your left shoulder with your right hand, keeping your body in perfect alignment.
- Today you are going to work on REACTION.
- Here are the three REACTION tips that I want you to practice today:
- Stay focused on your partner.
- Make a decision quick.
- Do not get distracted.
Section 2: Skill-building drill (Do three sets)
- Ninja: You will try to tag any part of your partner’s arms or legs with one swing, while your partner dodges in one motion. Once you swing, you must freeze in that position, while your partner freezes in the position that they dodged in. Then your partner will try and tag you in one swing as they freeze, and so forth until one of you gets tagged. The person that gets tagged must do ten push-ups.
- Stay on your feet: Standing in a middle stance with both knees bent, palms up, and facing your partner, you will hit your partner’s hands and try to knock them off balance.
Section 3: Active stretches
- Rubber guard twists for 10 reps – Sit with one ankle crossed over the opposite knee. Lift and hug the ankle close to your chest. Slowly twist side to side.
- Advanced lunges for 10 reps – Go to a forward lunge position with the rear knee on the floor. Lean forward touching your chest to your lead knee and hug the knee. Push your hips forward into the floor and continue to alternate sides.
- Hold wristlock stretch for 10 seconds – Sit on your knees in a relaxed position. Place both hands on the floor palms up with fingers pointing towards yourself. Slowly sit back on your heels and hold the position for 10 seconds. Then switch hand position by placing your palms on the floor with fingers towards yourself.
- Hold starfish stretch for 10 seconds – Lay flat on your stomach with your hands by your side as if you were going to perform a push up. Cross one leg over the other and scissor your legs apart as far as they will go. Then raise your upper body off the floor using your arms while keeping your shoulders square with the front of the classroom.
For more information on all the amazing things that Skillz are doing for martial arts schools across the world please go to their website and discover how they can help your school.
To learn more about at home training with 20/20 Armor go to https://2020armor.com/athome/